Saturday, March 04, 2006

It seemed like a good idea at the time…

Doing laundry at a quarter to one in the morning seemed like such a good idea. As I toss in my dirty clothes, it dawns on me…this machine takes forever! Dammit! Why can’t my building have good washers and dryers? Honestly, both of the machines have seemingly endless cycles, and it
drives me crazy. And the dryer is absolute, unadulterated crap. I usually have to run my clothes through the thing twice, which makes it twice as long! Not to mention that both machines are a buck twenty five a shot. Three seventy-five for laundry?? Highway burglary! Don’t even get me started on doing sheets and towels.
Anyway, its been an interesting few weeks. Valentines Day was fabulous; Geoff got me the most beautiful diamond necklace known to mankind. He spoils me, he really does. I mean, I was all psyched to give him his gift (a neat picture of pool balls and a cue that I framed all super-fancy like), and then he gives me this BREATHTAKING jewelry! I welled up and cried like a small, bewildered child. That’s actually an accurate description of how it made me feel, too. Seriously. He’s too good to be true.
Okay, so we (Geoff, Chelsey, Jay and myself) went to Fairmont for a week of skiing, drinking, and overall good times. And good times were had by all, indeed! The place was absolutely gorgeous, we had an awesome view of the mountains. We got to go to the hot springs (which was tough on poor Geoff, seeing as how it is winter and he has a shaved head!) and the best part was that I got to go skiing!!!! I loved every second of it, and Geoff even came with me! Sharing something that you love with the person that you love is such an awesome feeling, you know? Like, I looked over at him on the chairlift, and I was just so happy that he came with me! He’s amazing. He did a great job on the slopes, too. It was fabulous.

Chesley and I had some excellent bonding time, as well. It was cool to hang out with someone and not secretly want to smack them. We even played a whole lot of games, and she more or less controlled her competitive side. I have so many awesome stories, but I’m tired and don’t want to try and recall. I’ll post a picture instead.


This is from the random drive we took into bear/tick country. Chelsey was more afraid of the ticks then of the bears. Her smile is just masking her terror.

The rest of the time was awesome, as well. We just hung out a lot, watched a lot of the OC, Simpsons, and Clone High. It was a week of references, mainly “Raise the roof! RAISE IT!!!” Followed by manic hand gestures and much laughter. Also, the Black Eyed Peas had their crowning moment of glory, as we all became obsessed with one of their songs. I would venture to guess that it’s titled “Pump It”, but I really have no clear idea. In any case, it was a whole lot of awesome. Even the 7 hour drive was tolerable, providing I didn’t look at the speedometer while Geoff was tearing down the highway. I mostly just closed my eyes when he passed people, and tried to envision a calm blue ocean. I’m not kidding.
Buut, coming back to reality is possibly the worst part of a vacation. Its even worse then the gas station bathrooms pit stops during the drive. I hate school, and just want it to be over. It’s mostly due to Symbolic Logic, which is my literal kryptonite. I hate it so much….words fail me. My mid term is on Tues, and I’m just freaking right the fuck out. Every time I sit down to do some work, I end up in tears, and totally convinced that I’m the stupidest person in the university. Anyone who knows me understands how much it takes to make me cry (in a bad way, not a “my boyfriend just gave me a diamond necklace” sort of way. I feel I need to clarify this.) Seriously. I’ve never considered dropping out of school more then I have in the last month. In a different class the other day, the question was posed, “What would you do if you have five minuets before the world was destroyed?” Everyone had all these insightful responses that had to do with religion and loved ones. All I could think about was lighting my symbolic logic text on fire and dancing around it manically screaming “burn fucker, burn!” Is that healthy?
The fact that cash flow has significantly decreased might have something to do with my negativity, as well. Jordo tutors me in symbolic logic (yes, I have a tutor. No, I still don’t get it. Yes, I am a complete moron.) every Monday night, so I had to cut back on my already-slim shifts at One Stop. Not just for tutoring, though. My other classes are kicking my ass as well, like my various C Lit classes and my useless Soc class. Dammit, I just want this degree to be DONE! I’m craving academic freedom, and it’s really beginning to wear on me. Ignore my negativity, I’m just going through a “thing”. I’ll be back to loving all that I do soon enough. (Except symbolic logic. Clearly.)
The fait accomplit 2006 edition is in it’s final stages of completion, and I’m looking forward to the release party. The details are still being sussed out, but I’ll post ‘em if I remember. I didn’t even fill my blog with “SUBMIT YOURSELF TO FAIT ACCOMPLIT” propaganda this time around. Huh. Well, we have a ton of submissions, and some pretty incredible stuff. The release party will have readings from the poetry and prose, and this time the sound issues has been dealt with…I saw to that. Okay, propaganda: c’mon down, have a drink and some chow, listen to some poetry, buy a book! They make great stocking stuffers! (lame excuse, but hey, ya do what ya godda do! And no. They actually make horrible stocking stuffers. But they’re pretty cool, otherwise.) If I do space on posting the details, here’s the site:

http://www.geocities.com/faitaccomplit/

Why didn’t I post that sooner? What a gong show.

Okay, I’m going to check on the Laundry of Eternity…no dice. Have I mentioned that I detest these machines?

-K

Quote du Jour
“Raise the roof! RAISE IT!!!”

5 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Mike Perschon said...

uhhhhh....what's a break taking piece of jewelry look like, exactly? Is it the sort of item where you get it and go, "whit! I need to take a break, that jewelry is so awesome!"?

I kid, I kid...

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Keltie said...

Howdy, Amber! Long time, no see!

Well, thanks so much for your kind words. As far as the pictures go, I have a confession to make; much of the success of those photos is because of the talent of the photographer. All the photos on my blog (so, 3. lol) are taken by Chelsey. She’s an amazing photographer with an artistic eye. She has a knack for snapping awesome shots.
And thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Every little bit helps!

Hope all is well on your end.

Cheers!

K


Mike,

Typo's happen. Who says "whit", anyway?

Stop Yelling! lol

-K

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Keltie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Mike Perschon said...

"whit" is a typo of "shit"...like...break is a typo of breath...only the k was replacing the "th" which is likely some sort of gaelic pronunciation.

can you say shit on your blog? Maybe it's not a typo, it's one of those censor thingies

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Keltie said...

Mike,

Okay, okay. Consider it fixed.

Typo Nazi.

-K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home